Sunday, May 13, 2012



For this week’s assignment I decided to watch the show New Adventure of Christine. I watched for 15 minutes with the sound off, and 15 minutes with the sound on. While viewing with no sound it seemed like the two ladies were frustrated for most of the 15 minutes. their facial expressions were that of many frowns and body language such as waving of their arms quite often. There was a man who entered the home and seemed to laugh a lot , and although he laughed a lot, the women smiled for a short time but did not seem to be as excited as the man. Once I turned on the sound, I found that the woman with the frown most of the show was divorced and the ex -husband was remarried to a woman of the same name and her and her ex remained friends.
I interpreted that the characters in the show were angry and did not get along with one another .I do believe that had I been watching a show that I regularly watch, I would have been able to tell the plot just from watching even with the sound off.
I learned from this assignment that facial expressions are often misleading as well as a person’s body language,

2 comments:

Wanda said...

I tend to agree with that statement, but sometimes it can be the different. Sometime the communication is not clear if you are listening to the words.

Wanda said...

I agree with you somtimes body language and facial expressions can be confusing at times.