Sunday, December 25, 2011

Final Blog Assignment

Although I did not get a personal contact in which to gain information first hand, reviewing different sites such as UNICEF, listening to webcasts, I learned that there are so many countries that I had not even heard of who are in desperate need of teachers, supplies and a place to have schools for children in poverty. Girls especially are not getting the education the same as boys and this is a true tragedy that even at this day ad time women are still not appreciated as giving input in society even in destitute parts of the world. Personally being an advocate both nationally and internationally is a goal of mine in order to make a difference and to bring awareness of how very important education is and how we must ensure that it not start when a child enters pre k but from birth , with the parents actively involved as well in the process. I will continue past this class to try to get a contact internationally as I am interested to talk, communicate with someone from another country who share my interest in this field. In my work with young children I understand that I have a responsibility to advocate for then since this is the profession I chose, and  as with anything I do , I give it my all and the children of the future deserve just that, the very best.




No comments: