Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Importance of Early Childhood Years for Educational Success

I believe it is important for children to enroll in pre k programs such as Head Start or a structured program so that they will be able to compete with their peers once they enter the public or private school system.I chose this topic because I work in a Head Start program that strives on the success of children living in poverty, and it is amazing to be a part of this program.I see first hand throughout the year the progress that students make, especially those who this is their first time in any structured program.
In researching this topic, I found that there is so much information out there
with individuals, organizations, state and federal agencies tracking the progress of students in these programs.If anyone is aware of other sites where I can find information on my topic, let me know and I will do the same.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Debra, I am sure you could find lots of information, to meet your needs on the NAEYC website.They have excellent information on a variety of topics, and are a very highly respected organization.

mary