Saturday, November 10, 2012

Exploring roles in the ECE Community:Local and State Levels

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
        Exploring Roles in the ECE Community: Local and State Levels
This week assignment was to pick at least three state or local organizations that appealed to me and they are the National Head Start Association which is a national organization, Neighborhood Centers , a local community organization and lastly Collaborative for Children also a local organization.
I choose these three because of the areas of helping children and families that they all are involved in. all organizations bring resources and education and serve for social and economic development for children and families.
Head Start NHSA offers a wide variety of services to its members and to the Head Start and Early Childhood Education communities. Their services include advocating for the rights for children and families, Affiliate Relations, Disaster Relief Fund, Find a Head Start Program, Head Start Alumni, Marketing Opportunities, Professional Development , Opening The Doors Volunteer Program.
Neighborhood Centers a local organization that strive to understand the needs of the clients and to make a positive difference in their lives. They offer a variety of services such as:  Economic development, Citizenship/Immigration service, Comprehensive family health and education, Leadership & Civic Engagement, Youth programs, and Senior programs
Collaborative for children is a local organization that services infants to 5 years of age. They offer programs that are focused on the development physical and mentally of children starting at birth. They assist families with finding services for their children if they are developmentally delayed, need child care at low cost. They are a non- profit organization that does not charge fees to parents for services. All agencies provide tools needed for individuals and families to build self- esteem and to become self sufficient .
Job opportunities available for Head Start are ,Support  Manager, Disabilities manager and Head Start Director. NCI had no positions available as well as Collaborative for children. You must be knowledgeable of community action agencies and non -profit organizations. All require at least two-five years in all positions and be available to work some weekends as needed to do events for the agencies. Computer literate and knowledgeable of Excel, Microsoft Office/Word and this is for all positions including the cook position.Must be knowledgeble of state, local and national laws and regulations to maintainn compliance in all areas.

 


7 comments:

Elizabeth Turner said...

I thought about being a part of this head start communication because it would help me to further my education on the younger population. Head Start also appealed to me, although I didn't mention it, because the children seem to be more eager to learn. As it is right now, I have middle school students who aren't that determine to put forth effort needed to grasp concepts.

Charlotte said...

I was given the chance to student teach in a Head Start program and loved the what was being done for the community. The parents were given the support they needed while the children were receiving a good education. Collaborative for children also sounds like a great organization. I think that it is important for parents to have a place to go to get support. Great post! Looks like you found some great organizations!

Heather said...

As a kindergarten teacher I believe this would be a great and beneficial organization to be a part of. Every year I have more and more questions about the head start and pre k programs in my area after receiving the students each year. I believe it would be beneficial for head start, kindergarten teachers, and students.

Heather said...

Every year I find myself having more and more questions about head start programs after receiving my students. I believe it would be beneficial for students, head start programs, and kindergarten teachers if head starts and kindergarten teachers communicated more.

Heather said...

Every year I find myself having more and more questions about head start programs after receiving my students. I believe it would be beneficial for students, head start programs, and kindergarten teachers if head starts and kindergarten teachers communicated more.

Heather said...

Every year I find myself having more and more questions about head start programs after receiving my students. I believe it would be beneficial for students, head start programs, and kindergarten teachers if head starts and kindergarten teachers communicated more.

Heather said...

Every year I find myself having more and more questions about head start programs after receiving my students. I believe it would be beneficial for students, head start programs, and kindergarten teachers if head starts and kindergarten teachers communicated more.