Saturday, October 20, 2012

                                                 Profile of a Volunteer






I selected Cynthia Bell she is a volunteer for Community in Schools. Community in School is a program that has programs in public schools such as Girl and Boys Scouts, Backpack Buddy, Christmas Wish Program, Career Day just to name a few. She is a foster Grandparent who volunteer’s Monday –Friday’s at the school. Mrs. Bell has impacted so many lives in her years of service to countless to count.



She is there no matter the weather and is always smiling and saying good morning to everyone she encounters.
Her contribution is invaluable as she is know as Grandma to many of the student’s who have no grandmother in their lives and even to the one who does.
Mrs. Bell encourages, helps with tutoring the at risk students and is a positive influence to not only the students but the adults as well.



I want to give back to children who are most in need and by seeing the work and the positive outcomes that I see of the volunteering that Mrs. Bell does makes me aware of how important not only advocating is for the students and their families that I come in contact with but volunteering in other areas as well.







2 comments:

Robin said...

She sounds like such a great individual. I often wonder how these great individuals find the time to do so much good for everyone else. All I can think of is they are master jugglers of time. Great post!

Anonymous said...

Oh your post touched my heart. I can see how having that grandma figure can change so much for a young child. I think everyone can relate to knowing what that grandma figure feels like in ones life, maybe more than a dad or mom. It's that warm loving feeling.