Saturday, September 29, 2012


         
          "My Own Capacity."

Issues impacting young children and their families that fuel my passion is those living in poverty , cannot get health services and quality education.

Special skills that I have that will contribute to my advocacy efforts is my ongoing continued education in this field, resources that I have made in the community as well as collaborative partners who also advocate for the same issues. My communication and research skills will help in gaining resources for the families.

I have met and maintained relationships with City Clinics, Doctor and Nurses, Food banks, schools and stores willing to provide services to children and their families. I also use my colleagues as a resource to other services. My gift of being able to articulate what is needed, communicating in an effective manner, wiliness to work at different events, reach out to community leaders to inform them on the needs and my overall desire to make a difference and too be a part of the solution.

I hope to continue to grow in my knowledge of advocating, learning new and innovative ways to reach those most in need, build better skills on reaching legislature and planning events to get more support in this area to better use my current skills and to learn new ones .


 

2 comments:

Robin said...

It is great that you have made so many connections within your community. Every connection helps. It is amazing how many connections we each actually have once we sit down and have to think of them all. I know I had more than I thought. Great post! Keep up the good work! Your community is lucky to have you advocating. :)

Anonymous said...

I find poverty to be a very tough one to advocate for. There are so many children involved in poverty an end seems difficult. I think it takes strong people like yourself to keep helping, one by one.