Sunday, June 3, 2012


                     Resolving Conflict
This week I have been faced with a difficult situation at work , I have a staff who is constantly defying the rules even after she has just received a reprimand is still not getting it. I have tried to be patient with her as she is a great teacher, however she allows personal issues to cloud her judgment at work and does not think sometimes. I have thought about this the entire weekend and have decided to talk to her on tomorrow and ask her again what she needs from me as a supervisor. I will l isten without judgment of her past issues, will come open minded and be ready to give guidance from the employee handbook and hope all will go well. I will be reminded of the 3 r’s respectful ,reciprocal and responsive in my interaction with her.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Using the conflict resolution skills you have identified this week in your blog I am confident your situation will be resolved. However, I think the individual involved in the conflict has to have the same mindset for the conflict to be resolved successfully!

cutepreschoolers said...

I had a similar experience as you early recently and it resulted in a serious conflict that was resolved by the head of the school. Though the issue was resolved with my assistant getting a verbal warning, I still feel I should have handled the case better with my exposure to the principles of nonviolent communication.