Friday, December 21, 2012






                                        
                                                  Time Well Spent



This final assignment is both exciting and sad as I have met wonderful people who I have had the pleasure of learning from. It is the end of a wonderful journey I have been on and the beginning of another journey.



I have learned that it is important to help those that are less fortunate than me and that at this time 2012, there are so many children and families both in the Unites States and abroad who are not getting the very basis of needs met which are food, clothing, shelter and medical care. I have learned that through my journey here at Walden, that I must do what I have said so many times in the papers that I have written, and that is to continue my focus and goals be an advocate and make a difference in the lives for children and their families.



My farewell message to all of my colleagues is that you stay focused on the goals that each of you have set for yourselves, remember the words that you have written and expressed in the discussions, papers that you have written, be a continued advocate to make a change and to make the lives of children and families who are most vulnerable and in need better. I would like to keep in touch with those that are interested, my personal contact information is stevensd@gccsa.org (work) and debra_stevens@att.net – personal. Cell is 832-256-2772.I look forward to seeing the future accomplishments of you all! Please contact me if there is anything I can do, and if you are ever in Houston, Texas, look me up as I would love to meet you in person.



Lastly, to my wonderful instructor, who was patient, encouraging, motivational, enlightening and with me, and I am sure with everyone that you continue to be a guiding light to the students that will come after us and my very best wishes to you as you too, make a difference in the lives of your students! Thanks for all you do!



Debra Stevens- MS Education Graduate (finally yeah!!!)









No comments: